Our focus is on supporting and strengthening women and minority owned businesses or organizations. We believe that with every woman or minority owned business that succeeds, we are increasing the opportunities and chances of success for the next generation in each of these communities.
What We Do
Nakali Designs helps small businesses and organizations:
• Realize their unique selling propositions,
• Craft a message that will best connect them to their target market,
• And, develop Social Media and marketing strategies that fits their budget and goals.
We have provided marketing and design services, and business technical assistance and consulting to hundreds of licensed family child care programs in the SF Bay Area, helping them to grow or maintain their businesses.
Some of our other clients:
• The Family Child Care Association of San Francisco
• Early Head Start For Family Child Care
• San Francisco City-wide Technical Assistance System (CTAS)
• The Opportunity Fund
• Florence Crittenton Children’s Services
• 4Cs Santa Clara Early Head Start
As a parent I have had the experience of looking for child care for my 2 children – And how difficult it is pay for it. I found both great and not so great centers and providers. When my youngest daughter was still a toddler, I opened my own family child care program and ran it successfully for nearly 10 years. So, I know the joy a provider feels when she is able to offer quality care and peace of mind to parents. I also know what a difficult job it is and what it takes to provide that care; the need for continued professional development and what it takes to stay in business.
Since closing my business 10 years ago, I’ve worked on public policy and advocated for funding and resources to improve quality and increase subsidies, and I’m dedicated to supporting providers in their efforts to provide quality care, and to fighting for higher compensation and benefits for the early care and education workforce.